Tomer’s Take: The first of two storm systems is currently hitting the Sierra then ID, MT, WY, UT, CO. Storm #2 hits the same areas 12/3-12/5 with heavy snow accumulation. Grand totals will be measured in feet.
- Storm #1 delivers 40-80mph wind gusts to UT, WY, and CO.
- Looking down the road, the jet flow remains active through 12/10.
Infrared satellite shows the big low hitting CA. Storm #2 is right on its heels over the Pacific.
Storm #1 + Storm #2 both follow a powerful stream combination.
Forecast jet stream valid 12/2.
Forecast jet stream valid 12/7.
Forecast jet stream valid 12/10. The flow remains active.
Wind Gust Forecast: Storm #1
Forecast radar and satellite valid 12/1-12/6.
The combined the totals from storm #1 + storm #2 are impressive. For example:
- Alta, UT: 24″ + 24″ = 48″ grand total by 12/7.
- Jackson Hole, WY: 20″ + 17″ = 37″ grand total by 12/7.
- Heavenly, CA: 37″ + 17″ = 54″ grand total by 12/7.
Forecast snow totals (inches) valid 12/1-12/3.
Forecast snow totals (inches) valid 12/4-12/7.
My forecast video 12/1: