- Remnant tropical moisture slides across Colorado 9/14-9/15. Flash flooding possible.
- Light snow on the 14ers on 9/14, 1-3 inches.
- Lingering moisture with a jet streak on 9/16 and 9/17 north of I-70.
- Jet streak appears weaker today with only a glancing blow to Colorado.
- Drier, sunny, and gusty on 9/18.
- Pikes Peak Ascent and Marathon, and Run Rabbit Run take place this weekend.
Water vapor satellite shows the tropical remnants (of Kay) crossing Utah and rolling into Colorado. Orange/red colors = drier air aloft.
It’s a wet morning in Western/Southwest Colorado including Telluride. Light snow possible on the Wilson Group.
Telluride Regional Airport:
Snow forecast next 24 hours (9/14-9/15). Light accumulations in blue.
Flash Flood Potential
Flash flooding is possible on 9/14 with this remnant tropical moisture.
Friday 9/16 holds the highest percentage chance for morning and afternoon rain showers. A notch drier on Saturday 9/17. Significantly drier on Sunday 9/18 but gusty.
Run Rabbit Run
Loveland Testing Snow Guns
Loveland Ski Area says snowmaking could start in 16 days. Last year, Loveland officially opened on October 30.