- Remnants from Typhoon Merbok to bring 50ft seas and 70mph wind gusts to Alaska.
- In Colorado, remnants from Kay and a jet streak keep rain/snow and gusty wind going in the Central and Northern Mountain zones 9/15-9/17.
- Pikes Peak Ascent/Marathon and Run Rabbit Run events occur this weekend.
Water vapor satellite shows the remnant tropical moisture continuing to influence Colorado as winds turn counterclockwise around the low. Orange/red = drier air aloft.
The track Typhoon Merbok’s remnants is noteworthy. Talk about a recurvature.
Impacts: 50ft swells and 70mph wind gusts. Impressive forecast graphics from the GFS valid 9/16-9/17.
On Denali, it’s more of a glancing blow with outer bands from Merbok. I’m forecasting 90mph gusts and snow.
Colorado Weekend Events
- 9/16: AM dry, PM 50% rain/snow/thunder, 15-35mph summit gusts, 20s/40s (low/high) summit air temps.
- 9/17: Dry, 20-35mph summit gusts from SW.
- 9/18: Dry, 30-40mph summit gusts from SW.
Run Rabbit Run
- 9/16: AM 10%, PM 80% rain/thunder, 15-35mph gusts from SW.
- 9/17: AM 10%, PM 60% rain/thunder, 15-30mph gusts from S.
- 9/18: Dry, 15-30mph gusts from SSW.