- Double trouble with a Pacific low and Tropical remnants this week.
- Weekend pattern dominated by a jet streak and fast-moving cold fronts over Colorado.
- The bulk of rain/snow move through Colorado on 9/14-9/15.
- Smoke forecast looks good for the weekend (see below).
- Pikes Peak Ascent and Marathon 9/17-9/18.
- Run Rabbit Run 9/16-9/17.
Double trouble. Two low pressure systems lined-up for Colorado. Water vapor satellite. Red/orange = drier air aloft.
Pikes Peak and Run Rabbit Run
By the time we get to the weekend, a very Fall-like pattern establishes itself. A jet streak arrives and delivers a few different cold fronts that brush the Northern Mountains. Wind and scattered rain/snow showers possible.
Notice the dip in the jet stream below:
Precipitation forecast early 9/17/2022:
Smoke Forecast: 5am Saturday 9/17
Yellow, orange, and pink = light, moderate, extreme smoke concentrations (respectively).