- The tropical remnants from Kay arrive in Colorado Tuesday afternoon (9/13) and continue through 9/15.
- This precipitation might end as light snow on the 14ers late on 9/14.
- Smoke goes away on 9/14 as the storm systems sweep the atmosphere.
- Then a jet streak arrives with wind and lingering rain shower chances north of I-70 between 9/16-9/18.
- Two big events this week: Pikes Peak Ascent and Marathon, and Run Rabbit Run in Steamboat.
Water vapor satellite shows both low pressure systems approaching Colorado. Orange/red = drier air aloft.
Light to moderate smoke concentration remains in Colorado on 9/13. Smoke gets swept away on 9/14 by both low pressure systems.
Forecast below valid 9/17:
Yellow = light to moderate.
Pink = moderate to extreme.
A jet streak moves into Colorado 9/17-9/18 and wind above treeline increases.
This is normal in September and especially October-November with cold fronts every few days.
Pikes Peak Ascent and Marathon:
Run Rabbit Run: