- Reversal of fortune for the West after 2-3 solid weeks of back to back active storm cycles.
- Large dome of high pressure building across the Intermountain West through 1/15.
- A warmer and drier than normal 6 day period for CO, UT, WY, MT, ID, NM, and CA as a split jet develops over the Pacific.
- The exception is the Pacific Northwest (PNW), British Columbia, and western Alberta where snow is likely with an active storm track.
- A weak to moderate intensity atmospheric river hits the above mentioned areas between 1/11-1/13.
- This will also inject warmer air and push snow levels high.
- Zero snow in my California and Utah forecast through 1/16.
Water vapor satellite reveals the splitting jet stream and building areas of high pressure.
For storm track analysis and snow forecast, please watch my forecast video 1/9/2022: