- Merger of two different storm systems next 72 hours over 4-Corners marks the final piece of this historic storm cycle.
- Cold blast follows this merger.
- Brief break in the action across Intermountain West with small high pressure Sunday-Monday. Then next Pacific storm system hits the Intermountain West after 1/4.
- Grand total storm cycle snow in Crested Butte, Silverton, Wolf Creek, and West Elks around Aspen/Snowmass should range from 100-130″ (12/23-1/1).
- Wolf Creek Pass and Schofield Pass already showing 10″ of SWE.
Infrared satellite shows the storm track and both storm systems involved in merger.
Forecast mid-mountain air temperatures (F) Saturday and Sunday morning:
Let’s look at my snow forecast in two time-periods. I added Winter Park and Ski Santa Fe to the map.
Drilling down, here’s my snow plume for Winter Park.
For more analysis please watch my forecast video: