- My forecast includes at least the partial merger of two storm systems over the 4-Corners between Thursday night and Saturday morning.
- Heavy snow in UT, CO, and NM between Thursday night-Saturday morning.
- In Colorado, the bullseye is Western Slope ski areas and San Juan ski areas.
- This final storm system will mark the end of this prolonged and historic storm cycle.
- The Intermountain West gets a brief 3-4 day dry break with snow returning quickly thereafter.
The infrared satellite shows the storm track and I marked the two storms systems that merge for New Year’s.
After this storm system departs on 1/1/2022, a small ridge of high pressure builds into the Intermountain West. This equates to a warmer, drier pattern for 3-4 days with snow returning quickly thereafter. Notice the drop in pressures off the West/PNW coast.
Let’s look at my snow forecast in two time-periods.
Drilling down, here’s my Aspen/Snowmass snow plume forecast:
For more analysis please watch my forecast video: